Saturday, October 11, 2008

confession time

I fell under pressure. I admit it. I apologize to those who've been so proud of me and supported my cause. But, I must confess, I did it - I went to Walmart last night! I went to Walmart last night and spent roughly $100. I'm so disappointed in myself. I came in last night after a very, very long day, and starting thinking about the many tasks that literally had to be completed within the next 12 hours, and around 11pm, I turned to Kent and said, "I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm going to Walmart." He was speechless.
For those of you that are wondering what in the world I'm talking about, let me explain. This very month marks the two-year anniversary of me banning Walmart from my life. Multiple events led up to my frustration and final decision in October of 2006 to come home and tell Kent I was never going back. He chuckled that day, never thinking I was serious. People have told me that I couldn't keep it up. My boss told me that once motherhood sunk in, I'd find myself needing to go at all hours of the day for the most random purchases - and there you have it, that's basically what happened. So I've confessed, not feeling any better about it, but nonetheless, now you all know.

4 comments:

laura said...

it's ok shelly-you did very good for the past 2 years! and just because you went once doesn't mean you have to keep going back! i will continue the cause and stay away from wal-mart (i think i am about at my 1 year anniversary!).

Teale said...

I have been on an "unofficial" Wal-Mart boycott for probably about a year... but I always end up breaking that because I want to make only one stop for both groceries and other items. I go in intending to spend maybe $20 and after trekking across the entire store am lucky to make it out spending less than $100, and I always leave angry about something! I'm still trying to stay away but wow it is hard!

Sexy Lexi said...

I'm going on about a year...and I've decided that if I absolutely HAVE to go, it will be after 11pm, when most of the weirdos aren't there.

Two years is very impressive though!!

Jenn said...

Shelly, two years is incredible!! I went about six months without going, but always fall around the holidays. :( I'm with Laura's comment, one time doesn't mean you have to go back.